week 2 blog post

Photographer of the week:


Name: Cindy Sherman

Cindy Sherman is best known for her conceptual portraits, she is also a film director where she made multiple films. She has also been awarded with 4 different awards the Guggenheim Fellowship for Creative Arts, MacArthur Fellowship, Hasselblad Award, and the Glamour Award for The Superstar.

What stands out about Sherman's photos is how she can make herself look like so many different women.
Cindy Sherman's claim to fame is her portraits. Every one has a life of its own, a story it tells that is different than the last. Cindy recreates and creates women throughout time.


Topic Two: 

So far I find the book very intriguing the way she is able to put us in her shoes like we are actually there gives me shivers. I don't think I could handle what she does with the blood and death, I couldn't watch that. I couldn't just take photos I would want to help but then I would be too scared too. Lynsey Addario has the guts to do this and I find that inspiring, she puts herself in these situations to help and that is brave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 3

week 6