My Biggest Challenge

My Struggles as A Journalist


Well I guess you could say I struggle a lot with almost everything I do but it is always worth it. Like talking with people I don't know, having anxiety can make that extremely difficult and that of which makes it my biggest challenge.To improve my nest new story I will write down all of my questions beforehand so I won't draw a blank during the interview. Whenever I get really nervous I can't think straight and start rambling about things that are off topic or I start to talk about myself which can lead to people thinking i'm weird. Don't get me wrong  live to be weird but not when you are trying to be professional. My experience with interviews  was low when I started, I was nervous and didn't know what I was doing. When I told my first interviewee (I think that's how you spell that) that I had no experience and that it was my first interview he was really nice about it. He started answering questions I didn't even ask, which was really helpful considering I wrote down like two questions before. I learned that you can be relaxed during an interview and it can be friendly, going in I thought that the person I was interviewing would be tough on me and it wasn't at all like that.Next time I will have questions written out and I will ask if I could record because oh my gosh is it hard to get everything they say down on paper.

Topic Two:

Reading Edna Buchanan's "The Corpse Had a Familiar Face" I found that the most interesting thing in the first two chapters( Ch.1 pg.7 line 5-6) to me was when the assistant city editors told Edna to "select and report only the "Major Murder" of the day." That to me was an eye opening sentence, these people think one persons death is more important than the others that is not right. I agree with Edna when she says(Ch.1 pg.7 Line 8) "Every murder is major to the victim." One tip that I got from Edna was, yet again in chapter one page seven, saying that "There was always a way, you could always find an angle." If the story is important don't let it disappear, find a way because there is one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 3

week 2 blog post

week 6